Skyrim Unarmed Build - Part 2: To Riften

JOURNAL ENTRY 2

I stroll into Whiterun and sell off my accumulated goods. While I'm here I try to convince a lusty bard to leave Carlotta the widow alone, but the talk quickly escalates into a fist fight. The match ends as quickly as it began; one hit and Mikael was on the floor. I also made 200 septims by challenging Uthgerd to a match. I think I am going to have Do'raan challenge every NPC he can to a bar brawl as part of a personal side-quest:

Checklist:

  • Mikael (Whiterun)  
  • Uthgerd the Unbroken (Whiterun) 
  • Rolff Stone-Fist (Windhelm)
  • Cosnach (Markarth)
  • Chief Burguk (Dushnikh Yal Stronghold)
  • Chief Larak (Mor Khazgur Stronghold)
  • Chief Mauhulakh (Narzulbur Stronghold)
  • Chief Yamarz (Largashbur Stronghold)
  • Benor (Morthal)
  • Borkul the Beast (Markarth)
  • Dryston (Markarth)
  • Hofgrir Horse-Crusher (Riften)


I leave for Riften once more. Along the way I have to fend off wolves, spiders, bandits, a necromancer and an angry bosmer. The only friendly faces I encounter along the way are a wandering bard named Talsgar and a fellow khajiit named M'aiq the Liar. Traveling a little further I notice the ominous looking entrance to Lost Knife cave just off the road. At this point I am level 4 with one skill point in smithing, enchanting and heavy armor. Now seems like a good time to put my weapons away. I may take them out again if I start to feel outmatched.
 

Inside the cave I find a group of bandits that go down with one or two punches. I loot a two-handed skill book (Words and Philosophy) from a table and a heavy armor skill book (Orsinium and the Orcs) from a room filled with cages. Five bandits rush at me in the cage room, but I manage to dispatch them easily enough. The last guy is tougher than the rest. He kills me five or six times before I spawn in to find him and his buddies missing. Some sort of glitch?
 

Leaving Lost Knife behind, I make my way up the mountain path. The view from here would be spectacular if it wasn't so foggy.
 

Eventually the mountains give way to rivers and valleys. Before long Riften comes into view. The city may not be the nicest place but the surrounding wilderness is gorgeous! I love taking slow walks through the Rift.
 

At the gates to Riften a few sleazy guards try shaking me down and inside of the city a hostile man warns me to stay out of Black-Briar business. Then the local con-artist accuses me of theft. Ignoring both of them, I make my way down to the canal that cuts through Riften and into the Ratway (sewers).


Previous Entry - Part 1: Meet Do'raan

Next Entry - Part 3: A Cat in the Ratway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picturesque Places: Ghost of Tsushima

Picturesque Places: Elder Scrolls

Picturesque Places: Monster Hunter